031235388X 1st edition, 1st printing with full number line. Good, hardcover binding with dust jacket. Light to moderate wear to corners and edges, clean text, may contain previous owner?s signature, remainder mark, sticker/residue, or other minor aesthetic flaws. Please inquire for additional details. Last Word Books & Press is an Infamous Independent Bookstore and Print Shop located in Olympia, Washington.
Stock Description, May Not Reflect Item
Bringing the curiosity and expertise of "The New York Times" to the art and science of everyday life
The wisdom of "New York Times" experts in every field is packed into one easy-to-use volume, making it an indispensable reference for every coffee table, kitchen, or bookshelf.
Would you like know how to choose the best insurance policy? How to get a copy of your FBI file? How to pick the best vegetables to grow in your garden? How to cure a hangover? "The New York Times Practical Guide to Practically Everything" answers all of these questions and much, much more. From the office and the classroom to the kitchen and the garden, this book covers every setting of everyday life with insightful advice insider tips, which are accompanied by hundreds of helpful illustrations, diagrams, maps, and charts. Expert Advice from New York Times writers, including:
- Eric Asimov on how to stock a wine cellar on a budget
- Mark Bittman on how to grill fish perfectly
- Marian Burros on choosing the best produce
- Michael Kimmelman on the best new modern art museums both in the U.S. and abroad
- Nicolai Ouroussoff on underappreciated architectural gems from around the world
- Michelle Slatalla on tips for shopping on the Internet
- Anthony Tommassini, Allan Kozinn, Jon Pareles, and Ben Ratliff on their album picks for a "desert island"